Sunday, April 28, 2024

Neanderthal vs. Digital Ink

Finally looking forward to a lazy Saturday with very little to do. Fields are planted, hunting grounds scouted and cave maintenance is all done-yay! Settling down to watch the clouds go by when Mrs. Donna Smilo taps me on the shoulder and mentions the cave walls kind of look bare and need sprucing up with artwork. Oh no, there goes my lazy Saturday.

I gather my sticks, brushes, mixing pots and set to work drawing mammoths, deer, hunting scenes, moon, sun, stars and takes me all day.  I step back, admiring my work and then Donna states: “You draw like a toddler, can’t you draw any better?” Crestfallen, I wipe my stained hands on my pelt and proceed to scrub the offending art off the wall.


Teleport into the 21st Century and if I’d used Digital Ink, maybe Donna Smilo would not have been so critical.  Digital Ink is a great tool that allows users to draw using either the mouse or the touch screen directly onto the slide. Then using conversion tools, convert the hand drawn items into polished items: shapes, text or if I was a mathematician I could write mathematical formulas and convert the chicken scratch into nice, neat formulas. Food for thought.

Playing around with Digital Ink, I lost a whole afternoon in the 21st century …I wonder what neanderthal Don would’ve thought of my endeavors.

4 comments:

  1. I love how you keep up your character and theme in all your blog posts. Also, great job explaining digital ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you keep up your character and theme in all your blog posts. Also, great job explaining digital ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Don, Can't get enough of your blog, I really enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete